Have you tried every diet out there to no avail — only to lose weight and then gain it right back? The 10-Day Detox, The Blood Sugar Solution Diet allows you to eat real food all while rebooting your bodies natural ability to heal, lose weight and lower inflammation.
Our bodies are actually quite amazing and if we heed to their knowledge we can live a very healthy life.
There is no need to be overweight, depressed, diabetic and suffering from high blood pressure, and yet most of the North American population is just that.
Did you know that what usually makes us fat also makes us sick — and what makes us sick, makes us fat?
Even those of us who look skinny can be fat on the inside with high blood sugar, chronic inflammation and low good cholesterol. So just because you look thin on the outside doesn’t mean you are healthy on the inside.
Americans consume on average 250 pounds of sugar a year, most of that from high fructose corn syrup which in large amounts is toxic to our systems, in turn causing many chronic illnesses like diabetes, arthritis and heart disease. Health care costs are soaring due to chronic illness and yet there is a solution right in front of us. By simply changing our diet, we can change our world.
Why not activate your body’s own natural ability to burn fat, lose weight fast and heal your whole body, from the inside out— here’s how you can.
In Dr. Hyman’s new book The Blood Sugar Solution 10 – Day Detox Diet he explains how to turn on our body’s fat burning machine, which in turn helps our body to detoxify through healthy eating.
His step by step plans make this Detox Diet so easy to follow that anyone can do it.
Here’s an example of what you can eat during your 10 days
Breakfast- Strawberry Smoothie, Scrambled Eggs,
Lunch- Super Salad, Shrimp and Snow Pea Salad
Snacks-Nuts, Seeds, Vegetables, Avocado with Creamy Tahini Dip
Dinner- Roasted Salmon with Asparagus and Mushroom Saute
Snack- Chocolate Smoothie
Check out at all the foods you ‘can’ eat
Fruits and Vegetables
Choose organic, seasonal, local produce whenever possible.
FRUITS: • Blackberries • Blueberries • Kiwis • Lemons • Limes • Orange (for the peel) • Raspberries • Strawberries • Additional fresh berries of your choice
VEGETABLES: You can eat an unlimited amount of nonstarchy vegetables, such as these: • Anaheim peppers • Artichoke hearts, frozen • Arugula or mizuna • Asparagus • Avocados • Bean sprouts • Bell peppers • Bok choy • Broccoli• Broccoli rabe • Brussels sprouts • Cabbage – Napa, white • Carrots • Cauliflower • Celery • Chives • Cucumber • Eggplant • Endive • Fennel bulbs • Garlic • Ginger root • Green beans or French-style haricots verts • Horseradish • Jalapeno peppers • Jicama • Kale – Lacinato, other varieties • Leeks • Lemongrass • Lettuce – Bibb, Romaine hearts • Mustard greens • Onions – red, yellow, Vidalia • Radishes • Scallions • Sea Vegetables (wakame, kombu, etc.) • Shallots • Spinach • Sugar snap peas • Summer squash – yellow • Swiss chard • Tomato – cherry, grape, larger slicing varieties • Zucchini •
Organic Poultry, Eggs, Seafood, Grass- Fed Red Meat
Oils- coconut, extra-virgin olive, sesame, grapeseed, avocado
Nuts: Almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pine nuts, walnuts
Seeds: Chia, flax, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower
Nut and Seed Butter
Non Dairy Milk: Unsweetened almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, hemp milk
Herbs and Spices
Here are the 3 phases in Dr. Hyman’s program
1) Begin by cleaning out your pantry and fridge- Dr Hyman gives you a list of all the foods you will want to avoid for the next 10 days, i.e., grains, dairy, legumes, processed foods and oils, sugar, alcohol, coffee, stimulants like TV, internet and cell phones
2) Fill your fridge and pantry with all the healthy ‘CAN’ foods you will be eating for 10 days. Yes there are many- vegetables, grass fed meats, poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, nut butters, seeds, coconut milk, olive and coconut oil- you simply will be avoiding the foods that cause your blood sugar to rise
3) Order the supplements that will help you along your road to better health- he provides a detailed list
4) Get your mind in order- set yourself up for a wonderful challenge that will be fun and will probably be the best thing you have done for yourself in a very long time
1) Step by step directions on what to eat and when -along with super easy, delicious recipes like breakfast shakes, soups, grilled snapper or tofu, walnut pate or spicy chicken wrap
2) Exercises you can do to help your body along its healing, detox journey
3) Ultra Bath Detox- this part you will love
4) Journal- If you aren’t used to journaling you will find that it’s a super way to get in touch with your own inner thoughts and how they may be sabotaging what you really want in life. Dr Hyman provides eight great questions that by the simple task of answering them in your journal will enable you to learn a lot about your thoughts. Remember, ‘Energy Flows Where Attention Goes!’
5) Daily Relaxation Exercises- learning to relax without the TV, radio or your cell phone beside you is key in losing weight, yes stress makes you fat and relaxation makes you thin- It can be as simple as a five minute relaxation exercise where you simply concentrate on your breath or repeat a calming phrase or word- try it, it might just save your life.
1) Dr Hyman doesn’t leave you high and dry after the 10 days. He provides you with a detailed road map on how to transition and keep up with all the progress you have made over the past 10 days so you can continue to feel great, keep the weight off and keep your blood sugar in check.
So join us on Wednesday, July 13th as we heal our body mind with Dr. Hyman’s 10-Day Detox.
Check out the recipes I created for the 10 Day Detox here
To find out what you can eat click here
To get your free starter kit click here
To order your copy of The Blood Sugar Solution 10 Day Detox Diet click here
To order your copy of The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook click here