Do your body a favour and skip the visit to McDonald's this St Paddy's Day- make your own healthy Shamrock Shake
My girlfriend Vicky Weiss from Momwhoruns sent me this email saying- hey you have to try this copycat shamrock shake- so I did.
Here is the link she sent me http://www.primallyinspired.com/copycat-shamrock-shake-paleo-healthy-version-vegan/
I love Kelly’s recipes over at Primally Inspired– be sure to check out her other amazing recipes
I made a few changes to her recipe because I used a really big avocado and the result is simply devine. Thank you Kelly and Vicky for inspiring me to make this amazing recipe. So forget going to McDonald’s this year for your Shamrock Shake, put your health first and make your own, you will be so glad you did!
This shake is Paleo, Vegan, Gluten and Dairy Free and much lower in sugar than its original McDonald’s version.
Since my husband was working from home today he got to taste test and he gave it a 2 thumbs up!!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract ( I used a little less vanilla than Kelly did in her recipe)
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk ( I used a large avocado and my shake was too thick so I had to add in some almond milk)